Saturday, July 24, 2010

I Love Today

I officially love Saturday, the 24th of July. I think I'll declare it "My Day".

So I w0ke up at 3pm to the delightful comfort of my bed and wriggled around like a worm for half an hour, testing every comfy spot that exists.

Five minutes after getting up, my dad said he wanted to see Toy Story 3. Being the lovely son that I am, I gladly said I'd go with him. So we went tonight, got some Burger King, sweets, and watched the movie (my 2nd time). Once again, Toy Story 3 did not disappoint!

Earlier in the day, Dublin (my county) beat Louth in a gaa (gaelic football) match. Yes, Louth were crap. Yes, Dublin should have put the game to bed within the first fifthteen minutes. Yes, we did make hard work of it. And yes, I did enjoy every minute of it!

My dad also finished reading my nano'09 draft, we discussed it over Burger King :P. He confirmed my suspicions. The novel has a good flow, the one thing I'm good at doing in writing, but my main character might as well be made out of cardboard. When his oldest friend, who is also his mentor, dies, no bother! Mr. Main Charactor just walks on and gets on with it. Re-writes start tomorrow. Objective: Give him emotions!
Excuse the pathetic pun, but I picked up some notes on having 3Dimensional characters while watching Toy Story...

So yes, I'm one step closer to finishing my novel! Hoorah!

And on a sidenote, a guy from my school is into making elctronic music. Take a looksie if you're into that type of music. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNvp6t-zpNU

No comments:

Post a Comment