Saturday, July 17, 2010

I didn't sleep last night. Not one bit.

All summer I've been struggling to sleep before 5am, royally messing up my sleep pattern. So I came up with the INGENIUS idea of pulling an all nighter, and it's not the first time I've tried this over the summer.

You see, my theory is...

All nighter means I'll be tired.
If I'm tired, I'll fall asleep earlier.
If I can drag myself out of bed at 10am when my alarm goes off tomorrow I'll revert my sleep pattern back to normal.
As the meerkat himself says, simples! (I love those ads so much...)

In my sleep deprived state I started my screenplay. Nothing serious, just a passtime before I start editing my fantasy novel.

It's basically about Lewis Fondling, a geeky 18 year old, who moves to a new school. Not fitting in at all, he soon finds out about the fascination with Texas Hold 'Em poker in the area and aims to climb the ranks to the throne at the top of social status within his school.

It's more or less Never Back Down, but with poker instead of fighting...

Off to see Inception in the cinema shortly, I'll post a review of it later tonight before I go to sleep!

And I think I'll start ending with random quotes from games, music and the occasional poem, maybe even a quote from my novel will appear... someday...

In the words of Threedog, the disc jockey from Fallout 3: "Thanks for listennning chiiillldren!"

2 comments:

  1. Glad I came back. Your screenplay sounds really interesting. My characters always seem to get involved in long analogies about poker. It's amazing how easily you can compare card games to life.
    Can totally relate to weird sleeping patterns -- but isn't that all part of being a writer?

    ~Bri Lexen~

    ReplyDelete
  2. True... I do tend to get my most creative spells during the times I should be asleep.

    ReplyDelete